Q&A: Breakout 5C: Presentation - Rural Volunteering

Please post your questions as a reply to this post

Sugandha from AMBA.

AMBA uses functional computing to enable an eco system of learning and earning for adults with intellectual disabilities in 25 states in India. 80% in rural India. 40% are women

Can you help us to enhance volunteering to :
a). build more collaborations to scale more into North India.
b) find more opportunities of back end work for AMBA community across geographies in rural india

Some of the villagers want to do the job at their own village. Dont want move other places specially females. What can be done about it?

Amit from educate girls ngo

Hi Neelam,
I’m Manikantha IndiVillage Foundation

I have a question think that a situation where Volunteer is very much interested in Rural Volunteering and he/she started volunteering with an organization on Education Catalogue, teaching for Young High School students but the problem is the Stakeholders are not allowing our organisation to enter the school premises to conduct the classes for them. How can we sort out this challenge?

Hello I’m Om Prakash from Educate Girls as we have also rural based volunteers and for their livelihood we also do many things one of them is collaboration with district employment offices many of the offices supports but many place we face typical government officials attitude of ignoring. How you handle this and what you suggest us some solutions for this.

Safa Faren from TQI

What are some challenges or obstacles that volunteers may face in rural areas?

When you work with rural community on rural development through shram dhaan,what is the communication that your team do with the rural community.Do the people understand the cause and work or how it happens??

NAVAMI from Goonj